Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sam and I this summer, in the airport waiting to go west.

Sam and I on our wedding day

Sam and I when we were dating.



I use to wonder how people “”just new”’ that this person was the ONE.
I use to worry and cry (did I mention I have always be very emotional) That I would never find my one true Love.

I remember in high school having crushes on people, but I knew I never loved them. I remember in college watching friends date and fall in love, but that never happened to me, even though I was looking. At college a guy was allowed to walk a girl to her dorm, and that happened to me once, and yet I knew that it meant nothing really to me.

While at college a girl asked me if I had anyone special in my life, of course I said something funny, so that she did not know how my heart truly hurt because it seemed like I never would. She said you will Kristina and you will just know because he will be exactly what, you need and it will be so sweet. I thought about this everyday.

As college ended and I found myself alone, I realized (with the ‘’gentle urging’’ of my parents) That it was time to move out and start a career. It was a hard year for me. I felt alone and afraid that this was how it was going to be for the rest of my life.

And then it happened (I have to give credit to my parents who helped us out) I got in a car wreak and got a stick shift and my dad got this guy from church to help me learn to drive it) I was nervous and scared out of my mind about this whole process.

It went well, although Sam now says he was scared that I was going to kill him. It flew from there. I remember him calling me after that one night. He said he was in Taco bell and was so nervous, while I was at home pretending I had not just been crying and pleading with God to just let himl ike me. It was literally minutes after that, that my phone rang.

We were inseparable after that. We went on walks together, Just talking, and getting to know each other. It was in the midst of those first few times together that I just new. I loved him from the Start. I remember the first time he told me he loved me, how I felt my heart exploded and I felt truly special.

Sometimes now girls ask me how I knew Sam was the one, and because I did not like others telling me that I just knew, this is what I say. When you find the one person who loves Ggod the most, and when you tell them things you have done that have caused you pain and he just looks at you with love in his eyes and says I am sorry that happened to you. I wish I could change that for you. Then you’ll know.

Do not get me wrong, Sam and I don’t have the perfect relationship, we fight, and have moments where we are needing sometime alone. But there is no one I would rather be married to.
So with our second anniversary coming up, and a baby on the way, I just wanted to write something about my sweet, hardworking, patient, loving Husband. He will be a great daddy. I know this because I witness it every time the kids come over. I love you honey. Your the best, even though you won;t get me cable. lol

3 comments:

Lula said...

You all are such a sweet couple. We enjoyed ourselves the other night. We'll have to do it again...

Go see Sara and Hannah on my blog :-)

Love ya!
Lula

amanda said...

I remember meeting you at the mission in Harriman soon after you 2 were engaged. What a cute couple! For some reason you and Sam remind me of Bobby and I when we were first married. Yes, we fought a lot back then but the making up was sweet! ;) We'll be married 15 years this summer and life is sweet because of my dearest. Wish you two the best! Happy Anniversary!

MaMa Vaughn said...

awww...that is so sweet!!=) I am so happy for you...a baby on the way!! Congrats!!