Sunday, December 7, 2008

Fret Not

I wasen't able to go to church tonight, so I listened to a old sermon written by my father-in-law (DAVID REAGAN.) who passed away in 2007. It really touched my heart and it was exactly what I needed. I encourage you to go to www.learnthebible.com and liten to FRET NOT

I worry alot so this message was so perfect for me. It taked about the four keys to to inner peace
1. Trust
2. Delight In the Lord
3. Commit
4. Rest
Do we trust God, this means that I live a life that says that I want to be pleasing to the Lord.
Do we enjoy being with the Lord. Our we excited about coming to the house of the Lord. This is a struggle to me, because I feel so busy during the week, that I just want a break. The devil tries to get me so caught up in other things, that I just want to stay home. We need to walk in ready for the Word of God, Do we love the Bible. Sometimes we don't read the Bible because we do not have the desire to read it. We are commanded to read the Bible, it is a matter of obedience not just of desire. Some of our desires need to be surrendered to the Lord, and be replaced with the desires we ought to have.
Committing my way unto the Lord. That means give God full control over my life. We do not no the path of any day that our life is going to take. But with God in control, does it really matter? We try to keep it under control, but it is not ours. Realizing that this is the day that the Lord hath made we will rejoice and be glad in it. Just commit it to God. Knowing that God loves us and will take care of us. God has our best interests at heart. We do not need to be insecure, we need to realize what God can do in our lives.
Rest int the Lord and wait patiently for Him. Do not fret, God is in control. Do not worry about it, just do what we are suppose to do for the Lord. Just turn it over and rest in the arms of our Saviour. We need to stop doing it for God and so it through God. Without Him we are going to be empty and frustrated because we cannot do it any other way. What we commit to God will be kept, and will never be lost.

1 comment:

The LaBarge's said...

Hey Christina,
I just wanted to thank you for posting this. Jonathan and I have just moved to Texas and I have been struggling. This was a blessing to me and Just wanted to let you know! I hope you and sam are doing well? If you remeber to please keep me in your prayers.

love,
Melissa LaBarge
(Schultz)