Monday, November 10, 2008

Lilli's daddy

HIS LITTLE GIRL



I have been thinking a lot lately about dads and their daughters. I think of how are baby girl will have such a great daddy, and while I am so excited for that, it also brings back the loss that I use to feel.
My Real Father, I never really new, I cannot remember what he looked like of the sound of his voice or what his hugs felt like. And while God did give me a a wonderful dad named Jeff It just was not what others seemed to have.
I watched Sam put his head on my belly and call out Lilli’s name and I thought did my dad ever do that? We talk about the dreams we have for her, what she will be like who she will look like. I know that the moment we hold her it will be the most beautiful thing.
I know that my baby will never wonder if her daddy loves her, she will never wonder why he did not call on her birthday, or wonder what he is doing on her birthday.
My mom was a great mother, but every little girl needs a daddy all through life. The difference. I am so glad I will never have to worry about weather sam will ever leave me, we have a commitment that goes beyond the vows, we have Christ. I have realized the importance of true family.
So Having a girl is a little bitter sweet for me. Because until I was five I did not know what it was like to have a daddy. So now I get to watch a little girl snuggled in the arms of her daddy. And I know that he will always love her, never leave her and forget her. Over the years I have thoiught about this man who did not want me, and I remember that God has always wanted me.
SO when our baby is born I will close my eyes and thank God for who he is, and what he has done, and that one little girl was bleessed again with a daddy



God knows us better thatn we know ourselves, he gave me the father I needed to lead me to him, and what a love athis man must haveto love other men's children like they were his children. I love you Jeff

1 comment:

Tammy said...

It does seem bittersweet that the Lord is blessing you with a baby girl. Your post was sad, in that you never knew your biological father, but what a tremendous blessing that the Lord had someone special to be a 'dad'. I love that you and your husband will be able to have a little girl to love and hold, and you will be able to replace some sad memories with truly happy ones. May God Bless your family.