Monday, April 7, 2008

My brother, my soldier, my hero.


Ryan, was able to come in for a couple of days before he heads to Iraq. We had a great time, yet this time it was so hard to watch him leave. I have such sweet memories of him and I when we were younger. When my parents divorced, and my dad remarried it was hard for me. I had a hard time facing that my dad had remarried and atfirst I felt alone. Then there was Ryan. We had been friends long before my dad and his mom got married. I think the Lord planned that. Ryan was my best friend when we were younger. And then now in our blended family was now my brother and my best friend. We did alot together. Talked all the time, hardly fought.


Now as adults we have grown up, married and built a life separate from each other. But those memories and circumstances molded me into the person I have become. He may not be my ''real brother'' but I am proud to call him my brother, he will be a uncle to my children and deep in my heart he will always be my best friend. I love you Ryan. I am praying for you.

2 comments:

Lula said...

Awe,

I didn't know he came in. I am glad you were able to spend some time with him and that Gillian (Spelling?) shared! I would have locked him in the house the whole entire time...ha ha ha!

Love ya!
Lula

The Bryants said...

Very sweet! I was surprised to find out, on Sunday night, that Ryan has been in Iraq for a week already!

I hope all is well with you. I'm sorry I don't get to stop by too often. Keep in touch!